Inspired by “My Love from the Star” also known as “You Who Came from the Stars”. The Korean name is 별에서 온 그대 (I grabbed this off Wikipedia haha, I don't know Korean sadly T__T).
My biggest reminder from this drama is to treasure your precious memories! 🙂 So I wanted to make a galaxy memory jar to keep all the happy memories, whether it is big or small.
Mason jar – Or Spaghetti sauce jar.
Acrylic paint – I used black, dark blue, blue, purple, and white.
Clear Acrylic Sealer – Optional. I used Plaid one. http://amzn.to/1n7Fjvo
Foam sponges – I cut mine using the sponge from dollar store.
Paint holder – I am using a plastic paper plate.
Practice creating galaxy if you are new like me! Practice does make perfect haha. I was able to paint a galaxy after a few tries! 😀 I have to thank my galaxy crop top ^O^ that is where I realized that the colors are in blocks rather than blended completely.
If you don’t want to mess up the jar design, then practice on paper first like I did 😀
- Paint galaxy on the jar and lid.
- Use splashing technique (I don't know the formal name for it) to create stars.
- Seal with Clear Acrylic Sealer for extra protection (optional).
- When creating the galaxy paint, start with creating color blocks.
- To create the blending effect of each intersection between the color blocks, dab on the intersecting colors, then dab onto the jar. You don't need to do a full mixing for blending.
Final Result Photos